The ODUS plus system provides several services for students, these services are summarized as follows:
Protection and confidentiality of personal information:
- Ability to modify the answers to the secret questions and the password.
- Ability to view addresses, phone numbers and emergency calls and updating them.
- Ability to view addresses and emails and updating personal accounts.
- Ability to change the social status.
- Ability to respond to public and private surveys by answering the questions whether they are multiple-choices or compositional questions.
- The ability to add and drop courses from the system.
- The ability to review the weekly schedule.
- The ability to review the schedule along with the available open sections for registration.
- The ability to count the registration fees for each semester or for the registered courses with the availability of paying on line by using credit cards.
- The ability to view the registration status of the student to show whether he/she is suspended or his/her academic status does not allow modifications.
The system, also, allows the student to inquire about his personal information and view the records of the following subjects:
- Suspensions, if any, where the system allows the entry of different types of suspensions whether they are documentary or procedural suspensions such as preventing the student from registering in courses or from bonuses or from the monthly payment.
- Mid-term grades if available.
- Final grades.
- Detailed grades where the grades are displayed in details if they were uploaded in this form. Some academic institutions divide the total grade into smaller detailed scores such us, exam 1, exam 2, short quizzes and the final exam where the student can view all his/her detailed scores.
- A guide of the university courses, descriptions, number of hours and activities.
- The academic record which is the student's transcript in a general design containing classrooms, courses and grades.
The system, also, contains more services provided to the student, such as the following:
- The possibility of sending a request to obtain a copy of the academic record which sometimes needs to be reviewed signed and verified in a way that takes time and prevents its direct release and delivery to the student. Therefore, the system allows the student to apply to get the record and to follow-up with the concerned authorities and to do the needed procedures for this purpose.
- The ability to compare the student's study plan of courses to show what courses he/she has completed so far and to display the possibility of "What If?"
- The Banner system allows the entrance of different study plans of all forms, whether as a level-system, a system of optional and compulsory requirements, and the system of college and department prerequisites, so the student can compare what he/she has accomplished so far to the remaining requirements for graduation based on the student's actual study plan by using this link.
- The option "What If?" allows the student to compare his study plan with the study plan of any other program to help the student to view the possibility of being transferred from his study program to another one depending on the results of the comparison and knowing how many courses will be counted for from his previous program and how many will be added in the new program. This process will make the student more aware of the consequences of such an academic decision.
- The possibility of sending a graduation request as some educational institutions allow students to register more courses than the graduation requirements and therefore sending a graduation request mandatory to obtain graduation. Some academic institutions ask their students who are expected to graduate to send graduation requests in order to provide them with the required courses, and the system, also, allows the view of all graduation requests to evaluate the status of them all.
Student account and financial aid:
The financial aid system is responsible for the following up of the monthly financial rewards, requests for financial aids, and students loans and their payment whether in cash or in regular payments from their monthly salaries. The system contains a record of all the financial transactions from and to the student's account and it allows the student to view his/her financial status through the links available at the student's account and the financial aids. These available links are the following:
- A summary of the financial account.
- A statement record of payments.
- Review of financial suspensions.
- The possibility to apply for a request form to obtain financial aids and its conditions.
2/28/2012 1:50:10 PM